| Utilities | Arrays | Imaging | Shaders | POGL | GLUT | OpenGL | GLU |
OpenGL::Array (OGA) objects provide Perl Array handling and conversion between
Perl arrays and C array pointers.
Due to the difference between how Perl and C handle pointers,
all POGL APIs that require pointers are suffixed with .
OGAs provide a means to convert Perl arrays into C pointers
that can be passed into these APIs.
Many POGL APIs also have a version to support SDL's packed string APIs;
OGA provides APIs to convert between C arrays and packed strings.
POGL also provides many APIs that accept native Perl arrays, or in some cases
OGAs directly. In the case of VBOs, OGAs may be bound to GPU buffers,
automatically switching buffers at render time.
Note: Since OGAs are stored as typed C arrays, there is
no conversion/copy/casting when passing them to POGL APIs, resulting in significant
performance improvements over other non-compiled bindings (SDL, PyOpenGL, etc).
Creates an empty array object of rows made up data types .
Creates and populates a uniform array object made up of type .
Creates an array object wrapper around a C pointer of type
and array length . Caches C pointer directly; does not copy data.
OpenGL::Array objects are Perl references; in order to use them in OpenGL APIs that expect
C pointers, you need to use the native pointer:
Sets array data starting at element position using .
Sets array data element position using packed string .
Returns an array of elements from an array object.
Returns a packed string of length bytes from an array object.
Returns the element count from an array object.
Returns a C pointer to an array object.
Returns a C pointer to the element of an array object.
Helps abstract Vertex Array and VBO rendering.
Requires GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension and POGL 0.55_01 or newer
Binds a GPU buffer to an array object.
If bound, APIs will call .
Return bound buffer ID, or 0 if not bound.
Eventually, this API will abstract CPU vs GPU-based affine transforms
for the best performance.
is an NxN OpenGL::Array object used to transform .
N must be one element wider than the width of the array.
Used to populate or mathematically modify an POGL array.
Uses Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) for mathematical operations.
Populates the array with .
Populates each row of the array with , assuming rows have the same
width as the length of .
Resets the first column of each row to 1.0; multiplies the values in the second column by 3;
multiplies the third column by 2, then adds a random number between 0 and 1;
leaves the fourth column alone.
calc maintains a push/pop stack and a "register" for each column.
calc currently suports the following primitives:
- Logical "Not" for End of Stack (S0) for the current column; becomes 1.0 if empty or 0. otherwise 1.0
- Arithmetic Negation of S0
- Add S0 and Next on Stack (S1), pop operands and push result (Result)
- Multiply S0 and S1; Result
- Divide S1 by S0; Result
- S1 Modulus S0; Result
- Test S0 equality to S1; pop operands and push non-zero (1.0) for true, otherwise 0.0 (Boolean)
- Test if S0 Greater than S1; Boolean
- Test if S0 Lesser than S1; Boolean
- If S0 is true (non-zero), pop S0 and S1; otherwise pop s0-3, push s1
- Pop s0
- Push a random number from 0.0 to 1.0
- Push a copy of S0
- Swap values of S0 and S1
- Pop S0 and store it's value in the column's Register
- Push the column's Register onto the column's Stack
- Pop S0, and copy the values of row S0 of the array into their respective column Registers
- Pop S0, and copy the values in the current registers into row S0 of the array
- End processing; column unchanged
- Pop S0, End if true; column unchanged
- End processing of current row; column unchanged
- Pop S0, End processing of current row if true; column unchanged
- End processing; column value set to s0
- Pop S0, End if true; column value set to s0
- End processing of current row; column value set to s0
- Pop S0, End processing of current row if true; column value set to s0
- alias to
- alias to
- alias to
- Add 1 to S0
- Subtract 1 from S0
- Add and pop everything in stack; push result
- Average and pop everything in stack; push result
- Replace S0 with its absolute value
- Raise S1 to the power of S0; Result
- The lower of S0 and S1; Result
- The higher of S0 and S1; Result
- Sine of S0 in Radians; Result
- Cosine of S0; Result
- Tangent of S0; Result
- ArcTangent of S1 over s0; Result
- Push the number of elements in the array
- Push the current element index (zero-based)
- Push the number of columns in the array
- Push the current column index
- Push the number of rows in the array
- Push the current row index
- Push the the value of PI